This is my go-to meatloaf recipe and it is a favorite thanks to the one-pot wonder this becomes in a slow cooker. I love when I can cook my sides at the same time as my entree. I try to add onion, jalapeno, and bell pepper as a base with ground meat to sneak more vegetables in a dish. The jalapeno doesn’t add too much heat with the seeds removed so feel free to adjust.
I am a firm believer in mise en place, or “putting in place,” of your ingredients to ensure success and efficiency in the kitchen. This includes washing, peeling, and chopping the vegetables and herbs necessary for your recipe as well as pre-measuring your ingredients so you don’t have to take an untimely break in the middle of cooking. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty to make sure your meatloaf gets thoroughly mixed!
The slow cooker I use is self-stirring and includes two paddles to use for general purpose and stews. This recipe is best used without the paddles as you only need to gently stir the vegetables once, about halfway through the cook time. Slow cooker meatloaf is one of those meals that works great reheated so be prepared for leftovers to be fought over!
Slow Cooker MeatloafCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
⅜ cup milk
⅓ cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt, divided
¼ teaspoon sage
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ onion, diced
1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
¾ lb ground turkey
⅛ cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon mustard
½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
½ lb carrots, peeled and cut into 1” chunks
¾ lb potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” chunks
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Beat egg in a large bowl. Add milk, breadcrumbs, ½ tsp salt, sage, onion powder, and garlic powder and mix well.
- Add onion, jalapeno, and bell pepper to bowl. Crumble ground meat into mixture and mix well by hand.
- Form into a loaf to sit in the middle of your slow cooker.
- Combine carrots and potatoes in a large bowl. Add ½ tsp salt and pepper and mix. Place vegetables around meatloaf.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours, gently stirring the vegetables halfway through.
- Mix together ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spread sauce on top of meatloaf and cook for 30 minutes on high.
- Time-saving tip: Prep your veggies the night before for quick assembly.
- Adapted from cincyshopper.com
©Magan’s Munchies. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.